When it comes to insuring large commercial trucks and vehicles, dealing with an experienced insurance agent will provide you with an understanding of your commercial truck coverage options and getting a better price on your commercial truck insurance.
Insuring a tractor trailer or semi-truck is very different than getting insurance on a pickup or SUV. In fact, many factors and discounts that come into play can include:
- Weight of truck
- USDOT authority
- Coverage requirements
- Cargo being hauled
- Vehicle Type
- Driving & CDL experience
- Years in business
- Credit history
- Ticket & accident history
- Distance typically driven
- How you choose to pay
- Prior insurance history
If you’re looking to get lower truck insurance premiums, there are some things that you can do.
- Clean up your driving history: Clean drivers have lower premiums. Period.
- Pay In Full: Paying your insurance premium in full (when possible) can provide massive discounts.
- Raise deductibles: Increasing your deductibles essentially shifts some of the risk to you. This can lower your premiums.
- Work with an agent who specializes in truck insurance: Insurance agents are discount detectives and want to help you get the most coverage for the best price. You won’t pay more for working with an agent either.
Questions to ask your agent:
Our licensed commercial truck agents will tailor a policy to meet your insurance needs as well as the contractual needs that you have. Be sure to have an open conversation with your agent including your driving history as this will always come up when a clue or motor vehicle report is run.
Let us help you find the best rate on your commercial truck insurance. We’ll dig for discounts, search our network of commercial truck insurance carriers and help find you the right coverage at that right price.