Driving always comes with some level of risk. Auto insurance can help protect you and others should you have an accident while driving. There are several different types of coverages that you can purchase with an auto insurance policy:
- Liability coverage, also known as Bodily Injury and Property Damage (BI/PD), includes protection for any injuries sustained by someone else as well as damage to another person’s property if you’re responsible (liable) for the accident.
- Medical Payments coverage, also known as Medpay, can help pay for injuries of drivers or passengers regardless of fault. It’s often an affordable supplement to your medical insurance.
- Collision coverage pays for any damage to your vehicle caused by an accident.
- Comprehensive coverage pays for damage to your vehicle caused by wind, hail, theft, vandalism, and more. Essentially, Comprehensive coverage protects your vehicle from any damage not caused by a collision.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage, also known as UM/UIM coverage, pays for your injuries if the person responsible for the accident either doesn’t have insurance or doesn’t have enough insurance to cover your expenses.
Who Needs Auto Insurance?
At the very least, anyone operating a motor vehicle is required to have Liability coverage. This ensures that drivers have the means to cover the basic costs of any accidents that they might cause. Other auto insurance coverages, such as those designed to protect your own property, are often optional.
Is Auto Insurance Expensive?
Many different factors play a role when determining the cost of auto insurance: where you live, your driving record, your age and marital status, what type of car you drive, whether you own a home, even your credit score can all have an impact on how much you’ll pay for insurance. The best way to find out what your premium will be is to ask a licensed agent in our office to provide you with some quotes from several of the top insurance companies.
Get Your Auto Insurance Quote Today
Our licensed staff is ready to help you get multiple quotes for your auto insurance. Because we’re an independent insurance agent we can shop from multiple insurance companies to help you find the right coverage at the right price.